- Regular Zones:
- Land use zones.— In these regulations, the land use shall be as per given below, for the zones marked in the Regional Plan/Outline Development Plan/Sub-Regional Plan/Zoning Plan/Town Planning Scheme
|I. Residential Urban Settlement||S1|
| || |
|II. Commercial Central Commercial ||C1|
|Commercial Local Commercial||C2|
|Commercial Rural Central Commercial ||C3|
|Commercial Rural Local Commercial ||C4|
| || |
|III. Industrial Light Industrial ||I-1|
|Industrial Medium Industrial ||I-2|
|Industrial Heavy Industrial ||I-3|
| || |
|IV. Public/Semi-public/ Public/Semi-public /Institutional ||P|
| || |
|V. Transport, Warehousing Transport & Communication ||T |
| || |
|VI. Parks, Playgrounds, Recreational Recreational ||R |
| || |
|VII. Agriculture ||A1 |
| || |
|VIII. Natural Reserve Agriculture and Natural Reserve ||A2|
| || |
|IX. Conservation Superimposed Zone ||F |
| || |
| || |
|ZONE||Setback in meters|
|Residential - S1, S2, S3, S4||3.00 |
|Commercial - C1, C2, C3, C4||3.00 |
|Industrial - I1, I2, I3||5.00|
|Public and Transport - P, T||5.00|
|Recreation - R||5.00|
|Agriculture - A1, A2||10.00|
| || |
- Note: Whenever commercial use is proposed in S1 S2 S3 S4, the front setback shall be minimum 5.00 meters if the plot is located on a road of 10 meters and below. In commercial zones, plots which are abutting roads of 10 meters and below shall have 5 meters front setback.
- Provisions governing the uses.—
- Uses prohibited: (Except those permitted with restrictions).—
- (a) Zones S1, S2,S3, & S4:
- Wholesale trade, warehousing, all kind of industries, gas works, fabrication and assembly
- workshops, scrap yards, transport agencies, go-downs, automobile workshops.
- (b) Zones C1, C2, C3, & C4:
- Extensive heavy and noxious industries and gas works.
- (c) Zones I-1, I-2 & I-3:
- (a) I-1:
- Extensive, heavy and noxious industries.
- (b) I-2:
- Noxious and hazardous industries.
- (c) I-3:
- All uses other than industries with exception of those permitted with restrictions.
- (d) Zone P:
- All kinds of industries, wholesale trade, warehousing, storage provided the land is not
- owned by the Government.
- (e) Zone T:
- Theatres, Auditorium, Cultural and religious institutions, heavy, noxious & hazardous
- industries, sports stadia, crematoria, cemeteries, burial grounds and other uses permitted
- under other zones.
- (f) Zone R:
- All uses permitted under other zones.
- (g) Zone A1 & A2:
- All uses other than agriculture, horticulture, farming and allied operations.
- (h) Zone F:
- All uses prohibited in the basic zone, since this is a superimposed zone.
- Uses permitted.— All uses which are not specifically prohibited or not covered in
- the category of uses with restrictions as per regulation above shall be permitted.
- Uses permitted with certain restrictions.—
- (a) Zone S1, S2, S3, & S4:
- (i) Uses such as retail trade, banks, post offices, administrative offices, tailoring shops,
- laundry, hair cutting saloons, beauty saloons, IT/ITES, establishments, kindergarten/crèche
- abutting on main street and professional offices including IT/ITES shall be permitted only
- on the ground floor as auxiliary to the main use:
- Provided, the total covered area occupied for such uses, does not exceed 25% of
- permissible covered area if the property derives access from 6.00 m. road and the same
- does not exceed 50% of the permissible covered area if the property derives access from
- a road 8.0 m. wide or more. The front setback in both cases shall be 5.00 m.
- Further, if more than one building is proposed, then all the permissible area for commercial
- use as above, may be located either in one building or more than one buildings, as desired
- by the owner.
- (ii) In addition to the above, use of personal residence to the extent of 10% of the carpet
- area of the residence could be allowed to be used as professional office including IT/ITES
- shall be allowed on all plots/premises fronting on roads having width more than 10 meter.
- (iii) Rice and flour mill shall be permitted on ground floor only, with no floor above, not
- occupying an area in excess of 25 m2 and not employing more than 5 persons, is driven
- electrically and the motor capacity does not exceed 15 H.P.
- (iv) Bakeries on ground floor, not occupying an area in excess of 75 M2 and not employing
- more than 9 persons, if the power requirement does not exceed 4KW, where only electrical
- equipment is used and additional heating load upto 12KW is permitted.
- (v) In case of group housing the commercial use may be allowed in one or more buildings
- on upper floors restricted to 10% of floor area allowable commercial area.
- (b) Zone S1, S2, S3, S4 & C1, C2, C3, C4:
- Nursing Homes/Hospitals or Doctor’s Clinic with in patient wards, cultural, educational
- and religious institutions as main use and their administrative offices in the entire building:
- Provided that the plots have an area of more than 300 m2 with a frontage of 15.00 m.:
- Provided further that the plots should be accessible by a road having a minimum width
- of 8.00 m. and minimum front setback of 5.00 m. is maintained.
- (c) Zone S1, S2, S3, S4 & C1, C2, C3, C4:
- Bus terminals, parking yards, cinemas, burial grounds, helipads, hotel/boarding houses,
- hospitals, swimming pools, gymnasiums, sports complexes:
- Provided that the plots have an area of more than 500 m² with frontage of 20.00 m,:
- Provided further that the plots shall be accessible by a road having a minimum width
- of 8.00 m. and a minimum front setback of 5.00 m. is maintained.
- (d) Zone C1, C2, C3, C4:
- Service workshops, service industries, and light industries, only as auxiliary to main use.
- Residential use of building only as auxiliary to the main use, upto the extent of 5% of the
- permissible floor area ratio (FAR).
- (e) Zone I-1, I-2, I-3:
- Residences for staff, administrative office, canteens, medical centers, banks, convenience
- shopping, only as auxiliary to the main use, upto the extent of 15% of the permissible floor
- area ratio (FAR).
- (f) Zone P:
- Canteen, banks, convenience shopping and Staff residences, only as auxiliary to the main
- use, to the maximum extent of 25% of permissible Floor Area Ratio (F.A.R.), provided the
- land does not belong to Government.
- (g) Zone T:
- Boarding houses, restaurants, professional offices, residences for watch and ward and
- utility services, retail trade, only as auxiliary to the main use, to the maximum extent of
- 25% of permissible Floor Area Ratio (FAR).
- (h) Zone R:
- Restaurants, public utilities incidental to main use, room for watch and ward, only as
- auxiliary to the main use, to the maximum extent of 5% of the effective area of the plot,
- PROVIDED that the structures are single storied only.
- (i) Zone A1 & A2:
- Roads and sub-division of lands for agricultural purposes only subject to specific
- restrictions in the regulations for sub-division of land (PART V).
- Uses ancillary to agriculture such as irrigation, land reclamation, pump and other electrical
- installations, bio-gas plants, farm houses, poultry, dairy.
Regulations applicable to various zones.—
The minimum width of access, the permissible coverage, F.A.R., and the maximum height,
shall be regulated by the standards given below:—
|ZONE||width of road||Max. perm.Coverage||perm. F.A.R.||front setback||perm. height|
|CRZ Area:|| || || || || |
|RECREATIONAL:R||6.00 m.||5%||5||5.00 m.||3.00 m|
|TRAFFIC & TRANSPORTATION:T||10.00 m.||33 1/3%||60||5.00 m||15.00 m.|
|PUBLIC (INSTITUTIONAL & GOVERNMENT)P||6.00 m.||33 1/3%||100||5.00 m||15.00 m.|
|10.00 m.||50%||100||5.00 m||15.00 m.|
|RESIDENTIAL (ODP/Zoning Plan)|
|3.00 m.|| |
07.60 m. 09.00 m.