Our top 13 house & home superstitions
Have you heard any of these before?
1. Don’t move an old broom into a new house, you’ll bring all your former bad luck with you.
2. Scatter coins around the living room of a new home to invite financial prosperity.
3. Bring a new broom and a loaf of bread during your very first step in the house to bring good luck.
4. Leaving your bedroom windows open on November 1st can bring bad luck, as the souls of the dead roam free that day.
5. Don’t sweep your home at night or you’ll brush away good fortune.
6. Having an eight in the listing or rental price is a sign of good luck and prosperity.
7. If black ants frequent your home you’ll come into wealth.
8. The date ownership of a new property transferred is all important . To ensure good luck it must have a number which, when written, ends toward the top of the page rather than the bottom, like 0, 5 and 8.
9. Properties that sit on curved roads or facing a ‘T’ intersection will invite bad fortune.
10. Number four in an address is bad mojo, especially if it’s written on the letterbox.
11. If a swarm of bees land on your house it will soon burn down.
12. Never give a knife as a housewarming present. That neighbour will become an enemy.
13. Putting shoes on a table in your home will bring bad luck.
Superstitions can have a real impact on the property market in areas where many believers are likely buyers.