Construction activity is undertaken by people without keeping certain factors in mind. While selecting a plot for construction of a house, the following tips must be considered before making any financial decision to purchase a plot and construct the house.
India has land under a variety of relief features, namely; mountains, plateaus, plains and islands. About 43% of the land area is plain. This provides facilities for agriculture, housing, construction of various buildings, roads, industries etc. Most of the people construct their houses in the plain regions. The factors affecting the area of the house are climate, favourable topography of land, availability of water, market, transport etc.
SOME TIPS BASED ON THE GEOGRAPHICAL FACTORS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
1. Houses should be constructed in areas which have bright sunshine and greenery, which is vital for a large no. of household activities.
2. The land should be flat with fertile soil, essential for gardening.
3. Areas with abundant water supply i.e. which have 24 hours water supply are very essential for day to day life.
4. In urban areas, the houses should be constructed where there is an easy access to the markets and important buildings such as hospitals, schools, universities, government offices etc.
5. In rural areas, the houses should be constructed where an industry is nearby, for an easy access to the markets and also for better employment opportunities.
6. Areas with well-developed roads ensure better transportation.
We live on land, we perform our economic activities on land and we use it in different ways. Thus, land is a natural resource of utmost importance. It supports wildlife, natural vegetation, human life, economic activities, transport, communication systems, etc.
However land is an asset of a finite magnitude, therefore, it is important to use the available land for various purposes with careful planning.